Dr. Santiago Gomez Cardona
Bergheimer Str. 20
I'm an empirical oriented economist interested in development. Most of my work is related to two areas: renewable resource extraction and transportation in developing contexts. I am an advocate of experimental approaches, interdisciplinary work, and use of open access software (R over Stata).
I have a Ph.D. in Economics from Universidad de Los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia), an a Master degree in Economics at the same university; a Master degree in Anthropology from Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Bogotá, Colombia). My undergraduate studies were in Anthropology at Universidad de Antioquia (Medellín, Colombia). You can find my CV here.
Education and employment
- Doctor in Economics, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá (Colombia), 2019
- Master in Economics (Cum Laude), Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá (Colombia), 2016
- Master in Anthropology, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá (Colombia), 2010
- Undergraduate studies in Anthropology, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellín (Colombia), 2003
- Mejía D., S. Tobón and S. Gómez. (2021). The Deterrent Effect of Public Surveillance Cameras on Crime. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management. Here.
- Guzman, L.A., Beltran, C, Bonilla, J, Gomez, S. (2021) BRT fare elasticities for from smartcard data: spatial and time-of-the-day differences. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 150, 335-348. Here.
- Guzman, L. A., & Gómez, S. (2021). Density-oriented public transport corridors: Decoding their influence on BRT ridership at station-level and time-slot in Bogotá. Cities, 110, 103071. Here.
- Guzmán, L.A., S. Gómez, CA Moncada (2019). Short run fare elasticities for Bogota's BRT systems: ridership responses to fare increases. Transportation. 1-19 . Here
- Cárdenas, J.C., C. Mantilla y S. Gomez. (2019). Between-group competition enhances cooperation in public goods appropriation games. Ecological Economics. 157: 17 - 26. Here
- Guzman, L. A., Moncada, C. A., & Gómez, S. (2018). Fare discrimination and daily demand distribution in the BRT system in Bogotá. Public Transport, 10(2): 191-216. Here.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Gómez-Cardona, S., L.A. Guzmán and L. Ochoa. (2022). Subsidizing Demand. Effects of Subsidies for Public Transport Use in a Development Context. The case of Bogotá Colombia. Working paper due soon.
- Diekert, F., Eymess, T., Goeschl, T., Luomba, J., Gómez-Cardona, S. (2022): Subsidizing Compliance: A Multi-Unit Price List Mechanism for Legal Fishing Nets at Lake Victoria — AWI Discussion Paper Series No. 711. Here.
- Gómez-Cardona, S.; Kammerer, J. and Mrosso, H. (2022). Fishing Fleet Selectivity in Lake Victoria. Working Paper. AWI, Heidelberg University.
- Gómez-Cardona, S., (2022), A Spatial Based Policies for Fisheries Management in Lake Victoria's Nile Perch Fishery. Working Paper. AWI, Heidelberg University.
- Quintane, E., J. Mejía, T. Deguilhem, S. Gómez. (2021) Using Networks to Find a Better Job: Social Relations and Information Problems in the Job Search Process.